Jan 7, 2013

2

Review of Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

People, this amazing book from the even more amazing Veronica Rossi releases TOMORROW! To celebrate its release, I'm finally reviewing it here on the blog.

I actually kinda dropped the ball on this one. I was lucky enough to win an ARC of the novel from the author and pretty much devoured it in a day, but I never got around to writing the review! I fail.

But because I love these books so much, I'm not going to let it bother me. Seriously, this is one of my favorite series ever. I've probably spotlighted it more than any other book in this blog's history. Take a look for yourself.

Coming Soon....: Through the Ever Night - Where I first introduce the two books and novella.

Through the Ever Night ARC!!!!! - Where I present the glory of the newly arrived ARC in all of its beautifulness.

Trailer-palooza #3: Veronica Rossi - Where I show the two trailers for the series and nearly explode from how wonderful the first one is.

Top 10 of 2012: Best Books I've Read in 2012 - Under the Never Sky is listed as one of the best books I'd read in 2012.

Top 10 of 2012: Best Book Boyfriends of 2012 - Where both Perry AND Roar are commended on their skills in the realm of romance.

 

About the Book

It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.






Bask in its awesomeness! Bask, I tell you!

 

My Review

Veronica Rossi has done it again. I really, really didn't think it could get any better after Under the Never Sky. It is very rare that an author can manage to pull of a sequel to a highly acclaimed novel that manages to be just as good as the first. In the first book of a series, everything is new and exciting. You've never met any of these characters before, and sometimes you get a whole new world to discover. You can't possibly beat that.

Well, Veronica Rossi managed to do just that in Through the Ever Night. I loved this book so much that I can't even possibly describe it in my own words without putting it to shame. It was so incredible that I'm just speechless. And I've had a few months to process it already.

The thing about this book that allowed it to be just as good as its predecessor is that it was still willing to keep things fresh without destroying everything we learned in the first novel. There is nothing that I can't stand more than an author who runs out of ideas for their books but keeps making up things to keep the story going anyways. This DOES NOT happen here.

I was able to learn more things about this world and the characters within it because they grew and offered new possibilities. But they were still the same characters that I fell absolutely, head-over-heels in love with in Under the Never Sky.

Aria is still an extremely strong heroine but has her own faults so that she appears human. She will let herself suffer for others and will do anything to help those she cares about, even if they don't know it yet.

Perry is responsible and loyal to a fault, especially to those who don't deserve him. He accepts the fact that there are people relying on him to be strong in the toughest of times, but he still knows what he wants and will never leave them.

Cinder is a troubled child with a history that nobody has heard until now. He has a power that's darker and more powerful than anyone had ever imagined: a power people are willing to kill for. He doesn't understand how anyone could ever love him, but he craves that affection more than anything. He's lost everything he's ever cared about, and now that he's found a new home, he will do anything to protect it.

And Roar. There are no beautifully lyrical thoughts that I can give to describe him because he'd probably twist them into something either extremely suggestive or hilarious (probably both) and I'd die of laughter. He's just too awesome to contain himself, and he knows it. He will do anything to bring a smile to the faces of those he cares about, and he's just a huge teddy bear. I've become more attached to Roar than any other character.

When the unthinkable happens to the most important person in his life and something breaks inside of him, I almost die from the incredible sorrow I feel. I'm just about ready to jump into the book, shake him, and beg him to say something, anything, so that I know he's okay. Roar's the kind of person that will break the coldest heart just by being sad. Nothing bad should ever happen to a person like him, and I hope more than anything in the next book that he can find a way to be happy again.

Though the Ever Night pulled me around on an intense emotional roller coaster. I know that sounds cheesy, but there's really not a better way to describe what happened. One moment I would be flying with joy because my favorite characters are all together and happy, and the very next I'm nearly in tears because I don't know if they'll ever be that way again.

For me, emotional books can be very scary. I'll experience a whole range of feelings that I probably didn't even know I was capable of, but the one thing that is not acceptable is anger. I am absolutely not allowed to get mad at the book I'm reading because then I'm automatically thrown out of that world to silently seethe in my own. I don't want to do that. I may be allowed to get mad at the characters for doing stupid things, but if I get mad at the actual book, it looses all of its magic. The task of navigating the line between the two is no small feat, but this book managed to do just that. I want to thank Veronica Rossi from the very bottom of my heart for creating such an incredible novel for me to get lost in, and filling it with so much perfection that I just don't know what to do with other than embrace with everything inside of me. Thank you.

Rating: ∞ stars



I would also like to dearly thank Veronica Rossi and Harper Teen for the chance that they gave me to read this book early. I was practically bouncing off of the walls when I read that I had won a copy.

Also thank you so much again, again to Veronica for that extra signed bookmark that you included with the book. I love it so much.

For When Words Aren't Enough



And just in case I haven't completely covered it, thank you, thank you, thank you! Everybody else, go buy your copy right now! I promise you won't regret it!

Goodreads          Amazon          B&N          The Book Depository



2 comments:

  1. I really LOVED Under the Never Sky. I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel (:
    Your blog is really nice.
    I'm a new follower.

    Please check out my new blog too and follow back.

    Sapir||Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought that both Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night were awesome, but each in their own way. Veronica Rossi is absolutely amazing. I can't believe that Under the Never Sky was her debut novel.

      Taylor

      Delete

Hey guys! We love to hear from you all. Thanks for reading!

Gabby & Taylor