Aug 2, 2012

0

Coming Soon.... #1

Coming soon to theaters near you....

Just kidding, I couldn't help myself. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen that since VHS tapes were the most popular thing out there. Ah, memories.

Anyways, I thought I'd just share some new books coming out that I'm really excited about. Some have already released while there are others that we have to wait just a little while longer for.


The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter

July 31st


I'm really excited for this book. I read the first book in the series, The Goddess Test, and I absolutely loved it. Pretty much anything involving Greek mythology is in my good graces. What can I say, the Percy Jackson series ruined me. This is the third book in the series, and, as the failure that I am, I haven't read the second one yet. I swear, it's standing in my To Be Read pile right next to my bed, I just haven't quite gotten to it yet. But never fear, the time will come.



Nevermore: The Final Maximum Ride Adventure by James Patterson

August 6th


I can't believe this is really it. The final Maximum Ride novel. Ever. I never thought this day would come. The series kept going on and on, even at times when I thought enough was enough (more on my love-hate relationship with these books at a later date), but there never seemed to be an end in sight. But it has finally arrived. I'm both excited and extremely nervous for this book. The last two books had tied my heartstrings into an endless knot, and I'm not sure I can take any more heartbreak. But I really want this series to end well. So much has been thrown at these characters, I think that it's time they finally get their happily ever after.



Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter

October 1st


This author sure loves cliff hangers. All of the three previous books in the Shadow Falls series have ended without a real ending, just continuing the story from one book to another. There's not necessarily a problem with that, it's just so frustrating! Having to wait months at a time to continue a journey with characters that you know and love is excruciatingly painful. It never feels like the last book really ended, just that I took a long vacation from it. No, that's not right, it makes it sound too voluntary. More like the last book was ripped out of my hands only chapters from the end. Completely unfair. I've killed for less.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! We love to hear from you all. Thanks for reading!

Gabby & Taylor