Oct 27, 2012

0

Cover Lovin' #2: Abstract

I never really understood abstract art. You put a block here, a circle there, sign your name, and suddenly it's worth millions when it looks like a preschooler made it. But there are times when I have to admit that abstract can really turn into something amazing. When your book pops with such an incredibly creative cover that I just can't get out of my head, you know you're doing something right.


Crewel by Gennifer Albin

 

Black City by Elizabeth Richards

 


To be completely honest, I'm not exactly sure what either of these are (well, except for the rose). They lead nothing to the actual book as far as I can tell, but they caught my eye and they kept it. Somebody obviously put a lot of thought into creating them, and I think that it really paid off. I had never heard of either of these books anywhere else, and I probably wouldn't have looked further into them if the covers weren't so intriguing.

What do you guys think? Has there ever been a book that you picked up just because it had really original and creative cover art?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! We love to hear from you all. Thanks for reading!

Gabby & Taylor